Producer & Mixer
I’m a professional music producer, composer, mixer and sound designer based in London. I’ve been in the music industry for over 25 years, starting out as a recording and touring musician (I was in UK Top 10 band Shed Seven from 1997 - 2004), before moving into production, writing and sound design.
As well as being a studio producer, (see recent credits), in the past few years I’ve been working in AI composition, production and software development. I currently work as a Music Producer exclusively in this sector for Bytedance / TikTok, one of the biggest AI startups in the world, working in London and Silicon Valley, USA.
Recent work includes :
- Worldwide syncs in TV, Film and advertising, including “House”, “Gossip Girl”, "Made in Chelsea", "American Idol”, BBC, Sky, ITV, Channel 4 and many others.
- Production on the debut album from Humanist (featuring David Gahan, Mark Lanegan, Ron Sexsmith among others)
- Katy Hurt's "Love You More", a No.1 hit on the iTunes Country Singles chart
- Andy Ruddy's "Everything Is In Order", top 10 album on the iTunes Singer Songwriter chart, and the follow-up album "Vital Signs"
- In 2016 I mixed the Top 10 Blues record "10 Rockets For Ya Pocket" for Grammy-nominated Miles Gilderdale & The Blueflies.
- Produced vocals on "Set To Sail" by Menno de Jong / Adam Ellis with Kate Louise Smith, a No.1 track on Beatport in 2016.
As a composer, I have work published by Universal, Sony, Warner, EMI, Cavendish & Notting Hill Music.
I also worked as a Senior Lecturer at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford, ACM London and Metropolis Studios for several years.
Please send me a message if you’d like to discuss your project.
Fraser Smith, Metropolis Studio A. Phtoto : Yulia Huaer